Saturday Hours: Dr. Waters will be in Saturday, September 15th by appointment only. Appointments fill up quickly, so please contact the front desk to request your spot.
Wellness Workshop: Please join us for our next wellness workshop Tuesday, September 25th at 6:15 PM in the office. This month’s topic is Exercises for Spinal Stabilization and Core Strength. Join us for one of our favorite workshop topics of the year! In this class you’ll learn exercises that will supplement your chiropractic care in between appointments. A stable spine and strong core means your adjustments will hold longer, you may experience faster results, better posture, and be able to go longer in between adjustments. Classes are FUN and FREE and friends and family are encouraged to attend. Please wear comfortable clothing and call us at (949) 586-2731 to RSVP.
Massage Therapy: We are excited to announce that we now have massage therapy available Monday-Thursday! Please help us welcome our new Massage Therapist Susan Hart! Susan will be taking appointments Mondays and Tuesdays from 10 AM- 5 PM. Massage therapist Sue Anson is still taking appointments on Wednesdays and Thursdays and every other Saturday. Please call us at the office to schedule an appointment!
Insurance: October is open-enrollment for many insurance companies and you may be looking to change your plan. We have listed a few things to think about when choosing an insurance plan and seeking chiropractic care.
· Dr. Waters is only in network with Blue Shield of California PPO. We will accept the out-of-network benefits for other PPO providers, but are not in network with any HMO providers.
· Not all plans have chiropractic as a covered benefit. For example, Blue Shield plans through Covered California do not include chiropractic as a covered benefit at all.
· Some plans have separate in and out of network deductibles. If you are thinking about using your out-of-network benefits at our office, be sure to check out your out-of-network deductible as well.
· EPO insurance plans do not cover out-of-network charges.
· If you have a Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flex spending account you can use those funds at our office for care whether you decide to use your insurance or not (in most cases.)
· In many cases it is less expensive to pay our Cash (non-insurance) price than use your insurance benefits.
Most importantly, take into account your entire anticipated health spending for a year. For some, paying a higher premium, but having low or no copays and low deductibles may make the most sense. Especially if you are under continuous care or have expensive anticipated therapies and/or procedures. For others, you may only typically see a doctor for annual check-ups. A plan with high deductibles, but low premiums could save you enough money to afford to pay out of pocket for your chiropractic care. It is tricky to weigh the pros and cons of each of the many insurance plans available, but we hope we have given you a few tips to help you decide.
If you have any questions about your specific insurance benefits please feel free to contact us. We are happy to verify your benefits and help you decide the most cost effective way to get the care you need.
Yours in Health, Waters Family Wellness